In addition to its numerous projects conducted for transit agencies, municipalities and other “lead agencies” — including the publication of several manuals and handbooks for paratransit operations and numerous articles on various subjects — Transportation Alternatives provided (and continues to provide) technical assistance to operating agencies, including both public and private sector organizations, in their provision of transit, paratransit and hybrid (e.g., route deviation) services. TA’s past and present clients have included:
- Wilmington Checker Cab
- City of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LACMTA)
- Assess Services, Inc. (LACMTA’s paratransit subsidiary)
- City of Carson
- City of Pasadena
- North Los Angeles County Regional Center (NLACRC)
- East Los Angeles Retarded Citizens Association (ELARCA)
- PTS Transportation
- Van Pool Services, Inc. (VPSI)
- WISE Senior Services (Santa Monica)
- The East Los Angeles Community Union (TELACU)
- East San Gabriel Valley Consortium (Glendora, Azuza, Covina and West Covina)
- Pomona Valley Get About (Pomona, LaVerne, Claremont and San Dimas)
- Diversified Paratransit, Inc.
- Transportation Concepts, Inc.
- New Britain, Connecticut Public School District
Most unique among the services provided to these organizations was the preparation of a detailed “how-to” manual for the management and operation of the Santa Monica and Pasadena Dial-A-Ride programs. These efforts directly translated the system design effort to operations, providing the continuity for both communities to realize the performance achievement inherent in their system’s designs and structures.